Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sugar snap peas make shift fence.

When I posted my last post "Can I grow a garden where I'm located?" I had mentioned my make shift fence for the peas to climb. When I posted it I noticed in the main picture on my blog that you can see the god awful yellowish metal legs from some old shelving I had to add to my not so bad looking pea vine climbing fence. On the main page picture under the word Northern you can see the yellowish metal leggings I used. Those are the same awful leggings I talked about that I nailed to my nice wood posts and ran more yarn between to make up for the height needed because the vines grew higher then I thought. Picture those nailed to some nice posts (1x2's) with yarn, sticking up in the air bent a bit because of the weight of the vines. It looked horrible like I mentioned in the last post, but like I said I worked with what I had that could do the job and cost me nothing except being on the receiving end of a few pokes, laughs and jokes about what I used from my family and friends. Because the leggings I used were kinda flimsy they were bent over (like a fishing rod with a fish on the line) because the vines were so heavy. If you can picture it you'll see the humour in it. Like I said I'm cheap and if I have something I'm not using that'll work in my garden I'll use no matter how bad it looks...HAHAHA! Why spend money on nice looking fancy gadgets for the garden if you can make shift your own, unless it's where everyone can see it and your worried about the cosmetics of it all. For me I don't care either way cause I'm cheap, I'll take the pokes because it cost me nothing to get what I want...my free fresh grown veggies. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post mate you have written it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog. I am using the corn information from a few years ago :-)

    ReplyDelete