Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pumpkins

I cut my pumpkins off the vine a few days ago and got 5 nice size pumpkins from the 5 seeds I planted. I noticed today there are 4 more new pumpkins growing and the vines are still flowering. 1 is about the size of a softball and the rest are small like a big marble so I'll see if they get bigger before the end of October. I was reading on a few sites that as long as pumpkins aren't cut(meaning the skin punctured) they'll last for months before starting to go bad and if you tap them and they sound hollow even when their green you can cut them fro the vines and set them on boards or a deck and they'll turn orange in the sun during the fall. If the weather is too warm though they will start to rot, it needs to be a cooler season for them to change after being off the vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment